9 years ago
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Only me
I've decided that I am just one of those people that embarrassing things happen to. This Sunday, we were sitting in sacrament meeting and Jack starts throwing a tantrum. I start wrestling him and trying to get him to calm down, when all of a sudden I feel my skirt zipper coming undone. It does this, not because I am to big for the skirt, but because it's a faulty zipper. Meanwhile, Jack is still screaming and wants to get down. I put him down in hopes that it will calm him down and I can discretely zip my skirt back up. No such luck, he starts to crawl out in the aisle and books it, as fast as he can crawl. So I lunge for him and hope that my skirt stays in place. I hurry and sit down and hope that nobody saw my undies. This could have turned out to be a lot worse. At least it stayed around my waist and didn't fall to my ankles. (Did I mention we were on the 3rd row from the front?) Jack is screaming like a mad man and Derek mouths to me, take him out. I say, "I can't my skirt is unzipped, if I stand up it will fall off me!" He rolls his eyes and he gets Jack and takes him out. Meanwhile I am so embarrassed and I try my best to get it at least get half way zipped so I can keep Maddie entertained without having to worry if the sweet family behind us is going to get a crack shot. I was thinking why me, why does this kind of stuff always happen to me?! I have no idea if anyone saw anything, but I am very hopeful that it all stayed covered! Then on the walk home I was carrying Jack and laughing with Derek, when all of a sudden my shoe turned on it's side and made me trip. I look back and our neighbors were right behind us. They didn't say anything of course, they are to nice for that, but again, why me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
We are long lost twins I think. Sounds like me.
Did I tell you I fell on the lawn at the Scentsy seminar in front of a bunch of people? Yes, FELL! I'm glad I'm not alone. :)
Who needs coffee to wake up in the morning....all you need is a good laugh. Poor Tina, I love you....you put a big smile on my face this morning so I know I will have a great day! THANKS!
Dont worry Tina crap like this haunts me as well!
I used to have a church skirt that buttoned all the way up the front. It frequently came unbuttoned in weird places and caused lots of embarassment so I had to retire it! Plus, last week at a baby blessing in Brigham City, I fell UP the stairs heading into the building with tons of witnesses behine me. It was so awesome! :) So no worries, it happens to all of us!
Post a Comment