Friday, May 16, 2008

Maddie's been tagged!

Kinley tagged Maddie and I'm supposed to list five things about her, so here it goes:

1-Maddie is a great older sister to Jack. When Jack falls down and gets hurt, she always asks him, "Are you OK, are you alright?" And then she gives him a kiss. The other day I didn't notice that Jack's drink was all gone, and Maddie brought it to me and said, "Jack more drink." And then went and took it to him. Once I took only Maddie with me to Old Navy and she wanted a bouncy ball. After I gave it to her, she asked, "Jack a ball?" So we got Jack one too.

2-She has a CRAZY bed time routine. (My mother-in-law says she gets this from her dad!) I'm not joking, this is how she goes to bed every night. After we give her a bath and get her into her jammies, we take her down the hall to her room. On the way there we have to stop at the thermostat where she can push a button, then we have to give her five and then knuckles. Then we lay her in her bed and I have to shake her quilt and spread it on her. Then we turn on her light toy that plays music. Then we have to shake her blankie on over her and it has to go right under her chin, if we miss we have to shake it and try again. Then we have to push the button on her music player until it starts up with the first song again. Then we say goodnight, get some sleep, I love you. And she says yeah. Can you tell you has the control at our house? It's crazy, I know, but we'll do anything to get her to go to bed!

3- She LOVES to dance. You can see by the video that she loves to dance to "How does she know", from Enchanted. She will dance and sing the whole song and when it's over she says,"Again!" I wish DVD players had a repeat button! I bought the dancing with the stars workout DVD and I really like it. I'm not a good dancer so I'm sure I look pretty foolish, but she loves to do it with me. When that is over she says, "Again!"
I'm done after I do it once.

4-She is a really picky eater. The only things that she will eat are Wendy's chicken nuggets, french toast, grilled cheese sandwiches, grapes, apples, carrots, cereal, and candy. I bought the deceptively delicious cook book and I make a few recipes from it that she will eat. She'll go a couple of days just barely eating anything and then one day she eats anything I put in front of her. Oh I love those days. My mom says not to worry, my oldest sister Cindy lived off of cheerios for a year! So I guess things could be worse.

5-She is so sweet and tender hearted. She'll tell me, "Lub you." And I say, "I love you too." And then she'll say, "So much." It just makes my heart melt when she says it. The other night she was laying next to me and I yawned and it made my eyes water. She looked over at me and said, "You cry?" I said, "No I'm OK, I just yawned." Then she asked me, "You okay?"

I love you my Maddikins, so much. I am so grateful to be your mommy and I am so lucky to have such a sweet (and sometimes a little sassy) little girl. I love you my sweet baby girl.
Okay Maddie Tags Sydney LeFevere and Logan Gibbs.

1 comments:

2-Fold said...

That is so sweet. I can't wait until Cons and Loges say I lub you. I go ahead and do Loges tag.