Monday, January 12, 2009

Maddie's Birthday!

Maddie had a great Birthday this year. Her Birthday was on Thursday, but it was pretty much a week long celebration. Derek had school on her Birthday, so on Wednesday we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's to celebrate. It was so much fun. We played ski ball, ate pizza, played air hockey, and Jack loved the driving games. Maddie got to show Dad how good she is at air hockey. She plays with Grandpa all the time. (Who says she would be a better player if she would just stop talking!) On her Birthday I made her some pink Birthday pancakes with candles in them for breakfast. We went shopping at Toys R Us, where she picked out a ball and a stuffed dog. Then we went to Olive Garden and split a black tie mousse cake, which I probably ate more of. (YUMMY!) Later that night, I made her favorite dinner of baked chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and a chocolate cake for dessert. On Sunday, we had her big party with our family and friends. I made her a Tinkerbell cake, and everyone was so nice and gave her some great gifts. After she opened a bag of Cheetos, she got tired of opening presents and Jack had to take over, but he didn't complain! Our neighbors gave us their daughter's old bike, and Maddie was so excited to have a big girl bike. We hid it in the laundry room, and when we brought it out Jack thought there was another one in there for him. He ran to the laundry room screaming, "Bike"! He was looking all over for another one. It was really sad and broke my heart, but at least we know what to get him for his Birthday! Thank you everyone for making Maddie's Birthday great!!

2 comments:

2-Fold said...

Looks like you guys had a blast, I am so glad you got to go. I love the picture of Jack drinking root beer.

Bonnie said...

You need to teach me how to decorate cakes. I guess I didn't learn much in our class. :)