9 years ago
Sunday, March 29, 2009
The kindness of a stranger
Yesterday was one of those "why me" days. Derek had to go take a test at school and I had to run some errands, so I took the kids with me. We were at Jo Ann's and Maddie wanted me to open her M&M's, but I had my arms full with Jack, my purse, and my bag of stuff. She was crying and whining as we walked to the parking lot. I told her I would open them when we got to the car. Well she got so mad and ran back into the store screaming. She is throwing the biggest tantrum in front of all the people waiting in line. So I set Jack down to try to calm her down, and I look up and he is taking off out the store. So I scoop Maddie up kicking and screaming and chase after Jack. I get to him just as he's about to run into the parking lot and he starts screaming. So there I was at my wits end wrestling with two screaming kids and people staring as they walk past me. Then a lady came and asked if she could help me. She picks up Jack and starts talking to him in Spanish and being the big flirt he is, he just smiles at her. I opened Maddie's M's for her and get her calmed down and take Jack back from her. She scooped up Maddie and talks to her and Maddie smiles back at her. She asked me where my car was and followed me over and buckled Maddie into her car seat! By this time I was so overwhelmed with her kindness and upset that my kids acted so bad, I was sobbing. I thanked her and wished I could do something for her. I was so grateful for the kindness of a stranger and I hope I can do that for somebody someday too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
That's so nice. It makes me want to help someone out. Maybe I'll go wander the stores today looking for someone. :) I'm glad she was there to help you!
OH TINA, HOW SAD, I KNOW WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE AND IT IS SO NICE WHEN SOMEONE WANTS TO HELP. LUCKY FOR ME I HAVE TWINS SO PEOPLE WANT TO HELP ME EVEN WHEN THE KIDS ARE ACTING FINE. HEHE I AM GLAD THAT LADY WAS THERE FOR YOU SINCE I COULDNT BE. AND THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION ON THE LAMPS, YOUR THE FIRST TO RESPOND SO WE WILL SEE. HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU, CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU AND YOUR KIDS AGAIN.
I love this story, don't you just love how they behave like innocent little sweethearts for complete strangers. I hope you don't mind but I told my mom the story and she just laughed and said it sounded familiar.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK JACK!!!
That is super nice. I know that we can all relate, we have all been there more than once I am sure. Thanks to those perfect strangers and thanks too to all those who don't say a word or call DCFS on us parents who want to beat our children when they act out like that. You have tns of patience, your kids are lucky to have you!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TINA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
LOVE YA LORI
Post a Comment