9 years ago
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
A question for all the Mom's out there!
I registered Maddie for preschool starting in the Fall. The problem is I can't decide if I want to put her in now when she is three or wait until she is four. I keep going back and forth on the issue. On the one hand, I know she would love it and it would be good for her socially, but on the other I don't want her to grow up to fast and plus I still want her to be with me! Maybe I'm just having a hard time letting go. :) Let me know what you've done with your kids and what you think about it. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I had my kids start at 3. Of course, it was taught by my sister-in-law so it was easier on me. I think if you can afford it, send them at 3. They will learn more, learn social skills earlier, and it can't hurt! But I know what you mean about them growing up too. It's hard. Good luck!!
We sent Austin at age four and then he went again at age five because we decided to keep him back a year just because his birthday is in August and he would have been the youngest in his class. I think the preschool was great for him. He went to two different schools and one of them was so wonderful....I couldn't believe how much he was learning at that one. At parent teacher conference for Kindergarten recently his teacher told me that she hasn't presented anything that Austin didn't already know and he is already an amazing reader! I'm glad we did the two years of preschool.
I have put my kids in at 3 too. But Misty is there teacher. I think that is really good for them and they are expected to know so much when they go to kindergarten. It is a hard decision! Good luck!
Ry-Ry is the only one I sent at 3 and he is loving it and really growing!
We never knew what kind of mood he would be in and I just cringed when I left him to go anywhere, that boy could SCREAM!
He was really bad dropping off when he started, that now he can't wait until he goes again.
I would recommend it, she would do great!
I put Dax in at 3 and I think it's been great. The first year he really didn't "learn" at ton, but it was so good for him socially...totally recommend it!
I am right there with you. I don't know what to do with Addison she will not be 3 until the end of Aug but she is sooo smart. What pre-school did ypu get her into I need to find one.
Post a Comment