Thursday, January 17, 2008

The grossest dinner I've ever eaten

I am sick of making dinner, I am sick of eating the same old things. So one night a couple of weeks ago, I decide to try something different. I look through my cook books and find a recipe for stuffed cabbage. I had some cabbage that was on it's way out so I think, this is perfect! I brown the hamburger, add some onion and tomatoes, and cook some rice to add. I start to try to peel the cabbage leaves off, but the damn things won't budge. I read in the cook book to soak the cabbage so the leaves will just peel away. I try it-no good. I get frustrated easily and so I grab a knife and just slice the cabbage up. I put it in the bottom of a casserole pan and put the hamburger on top. There, a perfect cabbage casserole. I put it in the oven and Derek came home, "What is that?", he asks. I say, "I don't know". Then he asks me, "Is it ok to eat that much cabbage?" We try it. I can tell by his face he hates it and I'm not that fond of it either. I ask him, "Do you want me to go to Taco Bell"? He said, "No, just don't ever make it again". I only wish I took a picture of it, but you can probably imagine what it looked like. If any one would like the recipe, just let me know.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

That story made me laugh so hard!!

2-Fold said...

Wow that sounds delicious, I want the recipe, no j/k hehehe:D I am still laughing while I am typing the comment. Tina you are so funny. :)

Jeff and Carrie said...

I really hate that when you try something new to me the picture of the recipe looks delicious but barf! At lease Derek gave it a try.

Zacktastic said...

Why do they even put meals like these in cook books? We've all made stuff like this at least one time or another, right? Thanks for sharing.