Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I love you Mom

Last Wednesday my Mom went in for surgery to get her knee replaced. When she woke up she told my Dad that she couldn't see, and her speech was really slurred. They did some tests and came to the conclusion that she had had a stroke. I went to see her for the first time on Saturday and it was so hard, that's not how you want to see your mom. I know I'm in denial about the whole thing. I've tried to be strong. It's hard because I am really close to my Mom. I've been to see her a couple of times and it didn't really hit me until Monday night I thought I haven't called my mom to talk for awhile, and then I thought oh yeah, I have talked to her. She is doing better and will stay in a rehab facility for three weeks. They will help her with her speech, and her knee. Today she said her vision was a little better. My family and I are so lucky to have the support of eachother, and our family and friends. Thank you Derek for being so loving and supportive. (You have never offered to watch the kids so much before!) Thank you for letting me sit around in my pjs, watching chick flicks and eating as many cupcakes as I can. Thank you Bon, Jen, and Tara for your love and concern. I love you Mom, thank you for all you have done for me. Thank you for watching Maddie for us, thank you for helping me this crazy year with two babies, and thank you for all of your love and support and for being a wonderful mom.

4 comments:

2-Fold said...

Tina,
I had no idea, I am so sorry. If you need anything let me know. I will keep her im our prayers. We love ya

Bonnie said...

You're so sweet. I haven't done anything to help you! I hope you WILL call though if you need anything, including babysitting. I know you never call but I would love if you would.
Love you!

Jeff and Carrie said...

Tina sorry about the news. Please know that The LeFevre Clan is always there for you and will drop anything for you and your sweet family.
We Love You!

Zacktastic said...

I'm sorry too Tina, this made me cry AGAIN... we are all here for each other, remember that. Love ya.